Friday, April 30, 2010

BRONZE




      I had some green paper with gold stripes that I had saved from an old greeting card . I found the same kind of paper in magenta. I decided to use the two paper for my quilling. I cut both the sheets into strips.I found the paper a bit thick and so decided on petals from eccentric circles and eye shape for leaves. I wanted to keep the design simple.
    I have used both slotted tool as well as the needle. Its easier to quill thicker paper with the slotted tool.





    I liked the final look ,but still the sides of the paper looked so much richer than the edges. I  applied bronze pearl colour acrylic paint to my finished work. I did not use a brush just applied with my fingers . This gave such a metallic bronzed look to my work. 


2 comments:

Magia da Inês said...

Olá, amiga!
Passei para uma visitinha...
Seu cantinho é criativo e muito lindo!...
Feliz dia do trabalho!!!
Hoje é só descanso!...
Bom fim de semana!
Beijinhos carinhosos.
Itabira - Brasil.

Unknown said...

class work !looks really bronzed! keep quilling.