Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Red Roses




           I love making paper flowers and roses are my favourite. I  made these roses with red colour half inch strips.


        The paper for the background is from my handmade paper pack. I liked the texture of the paper  and roses was the first thing that came to my mind. As I finished this card , I was surprised I haven't filled up the entire card like I am used to . I liked this arrangement of roses and  with this background I felt it best to keep it simple and with some difficulty I avoided scrolls .


        For each flower cut a half inch wide strip in to quadrilaterals as shown.
Ten petals make a flower.




      Take one piece of paper and cut on the narrow side of the quadrilateral as shown .


         Curl the sides of the larger side on both ends with a needle.




          Apply little glue on one half of the slit end.




         Overlap and stick the slit ends one on top of the other .You have one petal.


         Take a small circle  of paper and stick the petal as shown


      
       Stick five petals to form the outer circle of the petals.




       Next stick the other five petal inside (or even four if you don't want it to be too crowded) and then roll a loose coil of the same colour with 5mm paper strip and stick it to the center of the rose. 






      Thanks for stopping by, have a creative day.

33 comments:

kiddo said...

A very beautiful card! And the roses are wonderful! Thank you very much for sharing this tutorial!

Agni said...

Very, very beautiful !!!! Ag

Priya Sivaraj said...

beautiful Suganthi!!!

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

You have made me a rose lover Suganthi ji:) I am going to try my hands to make these ones too. Thanks for the tutorial

Ujjwal said...

beautiful paper flowers!! thanks for the tutorial

Helen said...

Very pretty!

chillin with Quillin said...

Beautiful flowers, thanks for the tutorial!
Paula

Sumi said...

Very cute and beautiful suganthi..

Rachana said...

wow this is so so lovely...thanks for the tutorial im surely gna try them soon...

Creativek(shraddha) said...

These are just amazing!!

Baukje said...

Beautiful!!! thank you
Groetjes Baukje

Angel said...

pretty red roses suganthi.thanks for sharing the tutorial

kavitha said...

looking very pretty:)

GreenEarth said...

Excellent new technique! Can't wait to try it.. haven't quilled for a while, but this is a good motivation to get back.

Hussena said...

Hi Suganthi
your roses r beautiful and u make it seem so easy to make but i have tried to make these roses and find they never turn out so well and here u have made them so perfect.Thanks for sharing the tutorial,will give it a try once again and hope they turn out better this time.

Shama Nagarajan said...

nice blog..lovely roses

farah said...

hello,
i came to your blog thru kavitas blog and wow what a pleasant experience it has been. the roses are beautiful. i am adding you to my blog lsit . pl find time to visit mine at http://www.farahartcreations.blogspot.com and become a member and if you like it pl add it to your blog list

RS said...

Very beautiful :)

painted princess collection said...

Nice tutorial thanks for sharing
anandhi

Anonymous said...

Beautiful roses. Thank you Suganthi for sharing...

Antonella said...

Love your roses (great tutorial too)... Your work is always beautiful. hugs, antonella :-)

Leanne said...

Lovely! My mum makes them this way at times.

painted princess collection said...

Hi suganthi, Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. For sticking the kundans I used fevibond.You can use any other adhesive which is resin based even quick fix or "fixit"
anandhi

María de los Ángeles said...

beautiful Suganthi, i love this roses!

Artes de Nágela said...

Suganthi,
Wonderful tutorial. I loved your roses!

Allycat said...

Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial, the roses are stunning! hugs xx

viji said...

wow pretty roses dear.
viji

Katrin said...

Wonderful roses! An interesting lesson! Thanks!

akhil said...

awesome!
and nice tutorial too

ileana-carmen said...

I like this tutorial. Thank you.

Prasanthi Viswanadh said...

hi suganthi...i love all ur works...really amazing quillings u did...thanks for sharing the tutorials....

Prasanthi
http://creativecrafts-arts.blogspot.com/

Dr Sonia S V said...

Suganthi just shared a link to this tutorial!

Pily Nuñez said...

This roses are so beauty, but it´s hard to do for me