Sunday, July 18, 2010

multiple loops

    

                        

            I have made the flowers by looping with multiple strips. I have used three colours , white at the center and light blue and navy blue.


          Take three  strips of different colours stick them together at one end. Loop them around a cardboard strip for the first loop, (just so we can make all the petals of the same size).


      
       
           Pull the inner strip to make it one thirds of its length and then pull the middle strip to make it two thirds of its size.



         Now instead of alternating the loops ,bend the strips and loop it in the same direction ,make this loop a little bigger than the first as this will be the middle of the petal now pull the two inner strips to bring them to the required lengths.



        Next loop again the strips in the same direction and pull the two inner strips to make the third loop which is the same size as the first loop.



       Stick the strips at the base to hold them in position,




        Bring the three strips around the loops and stick all three at the bottom of the petal , we can also cut two strips and bring one strip alone around the loops.



           Cut the extra strips of paper , this will make one petal of three loops with three different colours.


                                  



                      


         For this flower I have used two strips of pink and yellow strip in the middle , This flower I did as shown above, but with alternating loop technique as the inner as well as the outer strip are of the same colour . 

22 comments:

Creativek(shraddha) said...

Absolutely fabulous tutorial Suganthi..thanks so much for sharing it!

SUGANTHI said...

Thank you Shraddha.

Karuna said...

great tutorial :) am yet to try these out! Thanks

Maria Mcclain said...

You have a very good blog that the main thing a lot of interesting and beautiful pot I will try this! hope u go for this website to increase visitor.

Sassyseamstress said...

Lovely, Lovely, Lovely. I followed the link from All things Paper, only to find some beautiful designs. I too, have only recently begun quilling and wish I were as adept as you seem to be in such a short time.
Ann
http://sassyseamstress2.blogspot.com/

Manasa said...

Congratulations Suganti on being featured on Ann Martin's blog...!
U deserve every bit of appreciation for your wonderful and creative work...
congratulations once again and keep up the good work and make India proud :)

SUGANTHI said...

Thanks Manasa !Thank you Karuna,Maria and sassyseamstress.

Philippa said...

Inspiring work, Suganthi! I'm so glad I found your blog!

Muneer said...

great work.. congrats on being featured on Ann Martin's blog.. best of luck and keep up the great work....

kavitha said...

great work suganthi,and congrats on being featured in ann martin's blog.Thats a grt news:)

SUGANTHI said...

Thank You philippa, Thank you Muneer, Thank you Kavitha.

Lakshmi said...

Hi Suganthi happened to see your blog through Ann's blog all things paper..I am glad that You made our culture appreciated..
All your quillings are so nice..sure have to give a try someday with your tutorials..
love
lakshmi

Agni said...

I just love your blog. You have got golden hands.Love- Agnieszka (Ag)

Allycat said...

As a beginner quiller, your tutorial has helped me to make my first flower quilled card (which has been posted today). Thank you so much for sharing. I also love your blog which I followed on from Ann Martin's. You are so creative and to use kolam patterns is genious! I have added your link on my blog :)

MariLynn said...

Great tutorial!

Dr Sonia S V said...

I am new to quilling and this particular technique in quilling is super.
Dr Sonia S V
http://www.entbangalore.com

Unknown said...

what a great work.. good tutorial.. new method of quilling too.. resulting in a flower with layers.. kudos to your work!

Anithaa said...

Thats really awesome!!! I have just learnt a lot abt quilling and very eager to start my own quilling experiments.. Thanks :) :)

Caz said...

Thank you, this was very easy to follow and looks great! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing! Mission accomplished :) ..I loooooove the pink and yellow together ...beautiful!

Gayatri said...

superb! i just now started quilling and saw various designs on the net and its awesome. gr8 work.

Mahalakshmi said...

Hi Sugandhi,
I am new to this art and trying out the shapes.Your blog is beautiful and I am sure I will learn alot from this.I will try this out for sure and willpost it in my blog.Thank you for the lovely tutorial..Will go through your blog fully and will post my comments.