Sunday, May 22, 2011

crepe paper rosettes




        I have never used such brilliant colours on my card!  Kavitha is having a long celebration on her blog and I wanted to take a little part in it. For this card my starting point was a card of Kavi which she had sent me with her candy.I link this card to her Inspirational challenge .
     The brilliant colours I have used is inspired by ICR colour challenge I love bright colours and really enjoyed putting to use some of the stuff I never thought I would use. The back ground paper is from a hand made paper pack I got from Bangalore -a very bright yellow.The crepe paper rosettes are handmade and there is also a quilled flower.I have also used quilled letterings "Be Happy" with dark blue quilling strips, hope it shows in the picture.
      


      Crepe flower rosettes:-






                   Cut two strips of 1cm width crepe paper.




                   Accordion fold the strips.




                  Take a circle of paper and spread glue on the edges of the circle and stick the strip slowly gathering the folds as you glue all around the circle.



                 Cut off the extra strip of paper and stick the end.




                Apply glue in the center and glue the second strip same way as the first.


               I stuck a big bead in the center.


      Thanks for stopping by, Have a lovely day.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing love it
hugs
ash

el rinconcito de zivi said...

wow beautiful

kiddo said...

Very beautiful flowers! And I love the colors, too :) Thanks for the tutorial!

Romina Nahata said...

i've fallen for this card !!want it !!!

k@rin said...

love it.

thanks for showing us how to make it.

karin xx

chillin with Quillin said...

WOW there beautiful , thanks for sharing how to make them!!!
Paula

Helen said...

What a happy card! I some how had trouble making that particular flower. I could never get it round. I know it strange.
Love the "be happy!"

It seems like Bangalore is full of handmade papers.

Artes de Nágela said...

Very interesting.
Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

OMG!!! It's amazing...

mayrassss said...

omg!!!
so Very beautiful flowers
thanks friend...

Ann Martin said...

I was hoping you would do a tutorial... scrolled down a bit and there it was! Lovely flowers!

Divya Deepak said...

Wow so nice!!!u are so talented!

painted princess collection said...

Lovely card and thanks for the tutorial suganthi
anandhirajan

Jovi said...

lovely roses and superb colours... loved it..

Unknown said...

lovely flower...thank you for share it...

Hussena said...

such a bright and lovely card ur roses are just so pretty and thanks for sharing it .

Tee said...

This is amazing Sunganthi...I love the colors, the super flowers..you've totally wowed me with this card...
Thanks for joining us at ICR!

Creativek(shraddha) said...

beautiful card!love the flowers

Deepti Aggarwal said...

wow.. beautiful card... love the flower..

WhiteRacoon said...

Thanks for sharing! These are cute!

asmita said...

good work. color combination is very nice

kavitha said...

Love the bright colors,thanks for casing my card suganthi mam and thanks for participating in my challenge to:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a lovely tutorial Suganthi... Thank you!

Dr Sonia S V said...

I made some accordion flowers sometime back but they were not as pretty as yours. Admirable work!

Antonella said...

Love the vibrant colors!!! I am afraid to use bright colors, and am inspired by your beautiful rosettes!
Hugs, antonella :-)

Sudha said...

Beautiful creation dear.

Deni said...

Espetacular!!!!Parabéns pela arte!!!Abraçosss.

Unknown said...

Fantastic work! u r very creative . I wonder where u get such beautiful ideas.

Spardha said...

wow!.. pretty flowers!.. thanks for the tutorial! :D

ManuK said...

Beautiful card, Suganthi! You used so many different techniques to create it and it looks just great! The crepe paper flowers seem so easy to make, thank you for sharing the tutorial.

anitha said...

keep up the great work..
where did u learn this?

Dr Sonia S V said...

Suganthi -Ji am linking to this awesome tutorial at this post Cheers
Sonia
Paper flower tutorials