Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quilled snowflakes or Kolam?




      I had this page book marked (along with so many other pages with beautiful creations that I hope to quill some day)and was wanting to quill the beautiful snowflakes by Deb mackes. Mine does not have the characteristic  hexagonal shape of a snowflake , It is more circular like a kolam. I love to do symmetrical shapes and I am happy with this one.


     I have hand cut the strips and I have used my favourite hand made paper as background.






Roll the strip into a loose coil.




Pinch on two opposite sides to get the eye shape.




I have pinched the eye shape again in two opposite sides to get this square shape.




Thanks for stopping by, Have a creative day.

12 comments:

Creativek(shraddha) said...

Wow this quilled kollam is just beautiful!I love the symmetry and the detail..the twirls are so perfect..stunning!

Nela said...

Gorgeous!

Philippa said...

Beautiful, Suganthi - both the quilling and the background!

kavitha said...

awesome, very perfect:))

Allycat said...

Gorgeous! Its on my to-do list as well now!! Thanks for showing how to do the square shape - your way seems alot easier. xx

viji said...

wonderful dear.
viji

Leanne said...

Just came across your blog. You have some lovely creations here. Love this snowflake. Very symmetrical. Am going to follow your blog. Do visit my new blog when you can.- Lea

Leanne said...

Hi again ! I just left you something on my blog.

MariLynn said...

This is beautiful.

Spardha said...

OMG!.. this is soo beautiful!.. totally worth the effort! :)

Unknown said...

very nice!!!!

Unknown said...

fab. and easy