I found a beautiful oil painting of a peacock on the internet and tried to quill mine to look like it.The most difficult part was to make and arrange the feathers. When I first arranged them I couldn't do it in a natural way without a lot of gaps in between the feathers .To make the tail more full, I first made a lot of eccentric circles with 2mm green colour strips and stuck them together to form a layer and then arranged the feathers over them so that the green strips underneath showed in the gaps and also helped in giving dimension to the tail.
I used only Pre cut strips and a needle tool ,it is such a joy working with pre cut strips as the finish is so much more fine
Though now I like big projects , I would like to go back to the comfort of cards and small projects for sometime.I did not get much time to photograph this project, I was working till the last minute and it had to be taken for framing . This picture I shot in Sunlight .
It has been a very busy month with me crafting along with my summer English classes at our library, I still have a week of classes and looks like I am already behind in my Arathi plate decorations ,I wonder where time goes.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy mother's day.