Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quilled Ganesha.

        On the day of Vinayaga chaturthi , I thought I would post my quilled Ganesha. I have long been fascinated by how the image of Ganesha, the Lord with an elephant head has been depicted in drawings and paintings .




        Ganesha is celebrated as the Lord of good beginnings and Lord who removes all obstacles. I quilled this Ganesha from an image in a wedding card.



          I first drew the figure with pencil and then stuck the strips over the outline.




        This Ganesha, I quilled looking at a picture from google image search.



10 comments:

Shalini said...

stunning cards!!! very very pretty... what a perfect occassion...

Creativek(shraddha) said...

Oh my Ganesha!I just looooooove your monochromatic and outline Ganesha!!!!Fab fab fab!!What more can I say... they are so beautiful!!

kavitha said...

love the ganeshas,so perfect

viji said...

Really very cute Ganesha dear. Come out very well.
viji

Allycat said...

That's a very good likeness, I feel its almost abstract but on the other hand you can clearly see the shape. I do admire quillers who attempt difficult shapes. Thanks for sharing xx

Sudha said...

Wow love it. I wish to try my hand at quilling some time.
Thanku dear for ur sweet comment on my blog.

Jyothsna said...

Thats so nice..All came out perfect and especially love the last one for the appealing colors and shape

Vijiskitchencreations said...

very nice creations. All the ganesha's cute.

lakhsmirani said...

what a great work suganthi.very neat perfect creation.really you have golden fingers.wishes for your artistic journey.nice

Unknown said...

wow.......... superb. first i want to learn this quill art. what is the name of the material?