Tuesday, December 18, 2018
This is a logo of a Silk saree company. I was asked to Quill the logo to be framed and gifted.
I used a maroon colour slightly thick strips for the outline and a dark red colour to fill the inside. Although I used the same red colour through out the use of different technique has resulted in different texture.
Sunday, December 2, 2018
Friday, October 26, 2018
This is my most recent work , The word Daddy in paper quilling. It took me way more time than I had planned for the project. The filling in the word was the most time consuming . I had to cut little pieces of white paper strips and stuck them horizontally. The entire card is made using 220 gsm card stock hand cut paper strips. I painted a metallic bronze colour to the black strips and the centres of the flowers.
Altogether I liked how the card turned out.
Thanks for stopping by , Have a great day
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Friday, September 28, 2018
I love how this dress turned out . I took a free image on the internet for reference , decided to make a complete white gown for the bride . Wish I could have used a background which would make the dress pop out , but this is a small part of a big work and all the elements is mounted on the same background paper. I don't seem to have as much time as I used to so progress is very slow. I have to thank dear Daphne for being so patient.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.
Friday, September 21, 2018
Thursday, August 2, 2018
This is a small part of a huge framework for someone who is a great music lover.
I experimented a lot with this piece , Initially planned to quill only the space around the note then I feared the note might not pop out the way I wanted it to so filled it with beehives . I had to roll almost two packs of white to complete the circle almost wished I had rather used beehives for the circle too. Now I am glad I used the tight coils it gives a nice mosaic finish to this piece.
Friday, July 27, 2018
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
This is inspired from Sabeena Karnik's work , I took a font I loved and added swirls around it . It was not easy and it does look busy in some places I have learnt that I have to plan more well in ahead of putting the strips on paper .
Thanks for stopping by have a lovely day.
Sunday, July 8, 2018
Making a series of monograms has been a long time plan although I never really got around to doing it.. So I was very happy when I received a request for the letter S . I was given full freedom to choose the colours and design. The flowers are made from 2mm quilling strips the rest of the on edge strips are hand cut from 220 gsm card stock sheets. I used two shades of greens red and white .
Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Thursday, June 7, 2018
Thursday, May 24, 2018
I received an unique request to make a Ganesha personalized for a fiftieth birthday gift. I quill the Ganesha on a print , I was asked to make and add a personalized note and flowers . I first hoped to Quill the entire message then as I worked I thought it would be better to print them out so as to fit them in the available space. I printed the number 50 bigger than the rest and quilled over it .
The flower petals are made using 2mm paper strips with a fringed centre.
I chose colours of the flowers and numbers to suit the colours I used on the Ganesha.
Thanks for stopping by, Have a creative day.
Sunday, May 13, 2018
Saturday, March 24, 2018
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
I have used multistrip scrolls after a long time for this heart. They are elegant and fun to make.
All the strips are 3mm two tone. I cut up a pattern paper in the shape of a heart and have quilled over it. There is nothing much to say except all the suggestions for colour and shapes came from Nithya who ordered the card.
Thanks for stopping by.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Sunday, January 21, 2018
Back with another wedding keepsake. I had this idea of white hearts and flowers even when I was starting this piece. The hearts with beehive technique I thought would give a lace like effect. But somehow these hearts got lost in the paper then I had to add a pink border to them and even then they did not pop so I stuck them to a green hand made paper and cut them out. It might not show in the picture but the hearts have a green background. I used two tone 3mm strips for the flowers.
I must say I am loving making these wedding keepsakes , the names are the most challenging but working with different fonts is enjoyable. I had to stop myself from making more hearts because I wanted the names to dominate the picture.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a creative day.
Friday, January 5, 2018
My first post for 2018!!! I am very happy the way this wedding keepsake turned out . This order is from my favourite customer Daphne , not only did she give me complete liberty with the colours and design of this piece she also was infinitely patient when I was delayed by some family emergency.
I did struggle with a more difficult font then went back to Brush script which I am very comfortable with . I made the circles and flowers first and then made the others choosing colours to suit them . The circles are made from 3mm strips rest are made using 5mm strips.
Thanks for stopping by , Have a wonderful and creative day.