Tuesday, August 3, 2010

quilled card



      In our local library, where I volunteer we conduct inter school competitions every year in the first week of August . The competitions start tomorrow. Its the job of my group to supervise the pencil shading competition and to conduct the preliminaries and the finals of the general knowledge quiz .For the past week I have been pouring into books and compiling questionnaires  .My head is so full of who did what when. I thought of taking a break and quill some flowers. Really a joy rolling and pinching strips to make these flowers ,seems I have been making open petal flowers for some time now.

      I also have to help judge the origami competition , so have to fold a crane or two before that since I have not folded for a long time. 

      





      This is my favourite quilling tool. I have a slotted tool , but have always preferred  a needle. I usually fix a handle to my needle but have never found it comfortable. I have had this silver pen for sometime, it can hold a refill of a very small size .I fixed my needle to the pen with some strong glue and it fit so well. I made this card with this needle . The long handle is a great help while rolling and also looks so beautiful . Really love my tool and thought of sharing it with you all.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a creative day!

7 comments:

Manasa said...

Good idea :) Should try it out too...!!
The card is soooo gorgeous...love ur use of colours...!

Creativek(shraddha) said...

Wow! Extremely innovative idea!I will give it a try too..i am not a very big fan of the slotted tool..the flowers are very pretty!

Allycat said...

Wow, those flowers are really gorgeous, very different from the ones I have see so far. Colour combo is unusual and so pretty. How on earth do you think these up?? - too clever by far! Have yet to try a needle tool and I do like how it makes the coil centres so tidy.

SUGANTHI said...

Thank you Manasa! thank you Shraddha and thank you Shanti!

Philippa said...

Hi Suganthi - I left a comment yesterday by it hasn't registered! I think this is a lovely card, and I'm very impressed with your quilling tool which looks a lot smarter than the one I use!

SUGANTHI said...

Thank you philippa!

kavitha said...

nice colors:))