When I first Quilled this Durga more than three years ago. It was my biggest and most challenging projects. I was convinced I will never be able to quill another again. Recently a friend requested and the idea of making one again slowly started to form. I don't have a base design for reference I just do a simple sketch and keep making changes as I progress.
This one took me two weeks to complete , It took me days to just decide the colours , I don't have the original colours and so I ordered paper from different shops for different shades still, I was not satisfied until the finished picture came out well.
First I made the top of the crown , In these three years I have had more practice and so I tried different techniques and layering . I used some 5mm paper but mostly the entire project is in 3mm .
Most of the elements are tight coils .I had to sometimes pull everything apart and start over. Even though I had a rough sketch it was not easy for me to predict the final size especially with the earrings which had to complement each other. I am really happy how colourful my Durga turned out. At first glance this picture almost looks like my previous one although I have made several changes which is also very satisfying.
Thanks for stopping by , Have a nice day.