Sunday, April 7, 2019

Quilled Portrait -Andrin



I finally moved out of my comfort zone and took up this challenging project . My first quilled Portrait of a little boy Andrin. I have received several request to quill portraits before but did not know how to go about it so never accepted them.
 I couldn't refuse this one although I did give up after staring at the picture for three weeks I was really scared of putting so much time and energy into a project that might not turn out well. But I was encouraged and assured that it was really okay if it is not perfect. Then again the Quiller in me wanted to try this. My son scanned the picture and reduced the colours and helped me get started. Hunting for the right colours was the next tough job.
I took extra effort to do the eyes as they are the centre of attraction. as the face started to form I started looking forward to working on it. It was a lot of work a lot of rolling for the first time my hand actually ached with all the rolling. But so happy to  have done something that I once thought impossible.
I used 5 mm quilling paper for the baby and 3mm for the background.

2 comments:

Sathya said...

Wow...What a giant leap!!! Great that you don't give-up and pushed yourself to do this! Such a visual delight ! Amazingly Awesome, dear!! May this be beginning to may more such projects!! Big Panda hugs for this bravo!

Angel said...

wow !!! Fantabulous !! this is absolutely Gorgeous