Sunday, February 14, 2016

Quilled Mosaic valentine


        I have been long wanting to try out the mosaic technique that Erin Curet of Little circles uses in her awesome Quilled works. She had a quill along using different shades of strips to get a stained glass effect. She had used two different colours in each element in different lengths to get that effect. I used the same lengths of the two colours here. The inner circle is pink colour beehive. The next layer is blue and the pink rolled together with a black strip around it . I used a quarter of each strip. The third layer is pista green and the pink . I first drew the hearts out , made an outline using 200gsm black colour strip then I added the quilled elements to fit in like a mosaic.  I worked on green colour handmade paper , but once I finished I cut the heart out.
        It took me a long time to finish this . I thought the rolling would never end however I liked how it turned out . This is my first mosaic and I am willing to try more. Many thanks to Erin for generously sharing her techniques with videos and tutorials during her quill alongs.
         Thanks for stopping by have a great day.

18 comments:

Sathya said...

It has given a shaded effect...Jus Lovely!!!

Leanne said...

Beautiful!!

ileana-carmen said...

This is so beautiful.

Shirley V said...

Wonderful, Nice Technique

DeepuCreativeVlogs said...

Lovely heart ❤️

Eliza Art said...

Beautiful heart!!!

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Lovely! I learnt one more technique ...mosaic effect .

Unknown said...

Lovely
Thanks for sharing
Learnt a new technique

Yuyun said...

wow....just nice!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh the 3 D look is unique and intriguing!!

Cheers
Dr Sonia

Unknown said...

Excellent work. It really beautiful!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vasudha Somayaji said...

Awesome work.

Cherie said...

That is absolutely beautiful

WhiteRacoon said...

cute and lovely! stained glass effect is visible and looks very attractive!

Unknown said...


Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write.I like the post

Packers and Movers Saligramam

Unknown said...

Your blog is very informative and gracefully Grocery Online Shopping

Soraya said...

Just beautiful and impressive!