Friday, August 1, 2014

Twenty fifth wedding anniversary quilled card.



         This will be one of my most favourite cards, for it turned out far better than I imagined. When  I was asked to make a card for a twenty fifth wedding anniversary, I wanted to make something elegant with lots of white and the number 25.I made two blue butterflies with the idea that they would stand out against the white background . As I progressed I felt the need for more colours and I used some strips that I have been hoarding for a long time, two tone purple and two tone orange strips to make the flowers.
    The background paper is metallic white, I embossed the sides first and then I embossed another paper and cut out the heart shape.  The numbers were the most challenging since it had to be done on embossed paper .Surprisingly it turned out perfect !!I made them in bits using a printed image as reference and then glued them on to the paper, I used two tone blue 3mm paper to quill them. The butterflies are simple and small made using 3mm light and dark blue paper strips.

           Thanks for stopping by, have a creative day.

14 comments:

Eliza Art said...

Beautiful work, I cordially greet

Artes de Nágela said...

Gorgeous!
I love your work!
Hugs!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Another stunner...Especially loved the butterflies and the side embossing.How did you emboss the sides ?
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Anuprem said...

fabulous work..........

ecstaticoverpaper.blogspot.com said...

It's gorgeous Suganthi. It brings smile to my face. Lovely it!

Mini_malna said...

very beatiful and awsome! :)

Radhika said...

Amazing Quilling as always Suganthi .. :)

Maria Rose said...

Beautiful work Suganthi mam :)

Ann Martin said...

Elegant was the very first word that popped into my mind as soon as I saw it. Love the shape of the numbers too.

Unknown said...

AWEsome Work as ALways!!!

Bianca Seitz said...

Beautiful, as always !

Nati said...

very beautiful!!

Unknown said...

I have been fascinated by quilling since I was a child and saw it on a wedding invitation preserved in glass. Your work is absolutely one of the most beautiful I have ever seen! Did you ever think about writing a book on it?

Nadou said...

Magnifique carte j'aime beaucoup ce mélange de scrap et de Killing
Bravo