Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Quilled giraffe



      Both my son's think that this is not my style ,but I liked this cartoon giraffe I found on the internet when I was looking for a cute giraffe I could quill.
     Why a giraffe? because it seems Akhil has finally grown taller than me and is very pleased with himself. For months I have been dragged to stand in front of the mirror with him to see if he has grown taller than I am . It would be  with shoes on , without shoes , after a meal , after a haircut ....Now I hope it his father's turn. My elder son Abi is more than six feet and this giraffe is for my tall boys. 


     I drew the giraffe on  a yellow colour paper and cut it out ,I added quilling only for the dark shade.Then I stuck thick black colour strips to the outline. I also cut out  the  tree and the bark of the tree from brown hand made paper.




There is also some good news. I won Kavitha's blog candy. 



      Kavi is my first blogger friend and of course namma Chennai girl. I initially visited her blog for her excellent paintings and then for her cards.  I have seen her grow more and more creative with her cards.She amazes me with her aptitude to craft . We both have one thing in common we both are not happy until we fill up our entire card::)

 For me making cards is just an excuse to quill ,I hope I learn to use all these cool stuff.

  Thanks for stopping by, have a creative day.

23 comments:

GreenEarth said...

It looks very cute.. makes a very ideal b'day card for little kids! Must have been extremely hard to glue the outline of the Giraffe so perfectly.

Helen said...

You had such cute boy card! I need to practice quiling again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Ujjwal said...

Thats such a cute card and congratulations on winning :)

Philippa said...

Great giraffe, love it!!

chillin with Quillin said...

Cute Giraffe, and congrats on the candy!
Paula

Ann Martin said...

Adorable card! Congrats on your win and also to your sons for their nice, tall height!

kavitha said...

cute,cute,..i love giraffes and u hav done a grt job:)

painted princess collection said...

A different card this time very adorable.Congrats for winning!
anandhirajan

Unknown said...

hey thats a cute card..and congrats on winning the candy..

Katrin said...

Какой милый жирафик!

WhiteRacoon said...

Extremely cute guy =) Love his expression =) Good job!
And congrats on winning the candy!

Priya Sivaraj said...

cutie giraffe suganthi!... congrats on your win!!

Hussena said...

I love ur giraffe u have used such pretty pastel shade the outline is flawless congrats on wining the candy if any deserved it its surely u.

Antonella said...

I love your card... my son will likely be tall as well, it feels like he grows a little every day... I keep telling him he cannot be taller than me until he is 10 and he laughs at me and says he is going to keep growing so he can be taller than me sooner :-)
Hugs, antonella :-)

Rachana said...

cngrats on the goodies n such a fab card

viji said...

Really pretty.
viji

Allycat said...

congrats on winning the candy. The giraffe is a real cutie!

María de los Ángeles said...

It´s a beautiful card, this giraffe is very funny and cute, congrats on winning the blog candy.

Unknown said...

This is the best quilled giraffe.
Congratulate on your candy. Now, we will excuse you, you have to make more beautiful stuff like this lol
Suzana

Unknown said...

so cute! i love quilled animals:-)

akhil said...

thanks so muck for this card mom!
what memories it will bring later on

Leanne said...

Oh! So cute. There I see Akhil loves it & will treasure it for years.

saheli said...

WOW., so cute.it woud be treasured by ur kidoos.